KYTEMS, in Cooperation with the KY Federation of Fire Chaplains, has developed a program of instruction to better equip serving Chaplain’s to support TEMS and Rescue Task Force Operations. The training is a combination of classroom and hands on training and is supplemented by additional self study. The KYTEMS training portion includes: developing preplans, threat analysis, evaluating church security, pre-event counseling and credentialing, see something/ say something, Individual Anti-Terrorism Awareness, situational awareness, ambush avoidance, weapons safety and firearms familiarization, IED awareness, hostage survival, building a go bag, response tactics, assisting a Victim Assistance Center and Family/ Witness interview center, field baptism, field communion, field homily, stress management, post event counseling, suicide prevention, line of duty death and planning or conduct of a funeral.
- Body Language of Terrorists- self study book
- Hazardous Materials Awareness (8 hours)
- Collapse Structure Awareness (4-8 hours)
- RTF training (16 hours)
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Training (16 Hours) or
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) Training (16 hours) and
- Tactical EMS Provider training (40 hours)